Special Needs Strollers and Buggies
Strollers for special needs children, also called adaptive strollers, buggies or push chairs, are specially designed mobility devices for children with disabilities. Special needs strollers allow children with special needs to explore the world around them while simultaneously enjoying support, safety and comfort.
Rehabilitation strollers for children with mobility issues are one of the primary means of transportation and proper backrest positioning while seated. The strollers and buggies we provide come with adjustable seat depth and ergonomic design that promotes upper body positioning for children with limited trunk stability or upper body strength.
What are special needs strollers primarily used for?
Special needs strollers are most often used for transporting toddlers, children and young adults with the following conditions:
- Cerebral palsy – various types and forms;
- Brain and spinal cord injuries with lower limbs paralysis and weakness, balance and motor coordination disorders with different etiology;
- Demyelinating disease (e.g. multiple sclerosis);
- Muscles diseases with weakness and paralysis (dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, myositis);
- Neurological diseases and muscle degeneration;
- Other condition connected with muscles weakness, paralysis and musculoskeletal disorders;
- After head and spinal cord injuries and spine trauma with paralysis and paresis.
- Severe genetic disorders;
Stability, support and comfort
Unfortunately, many special needs wheelchairs come with a variety of logistical limitations making it hard--and sometimes completely impossible--for children, toddlers, and young adults to take active active part in outdoors activities.
Children with special needs should be able to explore the outdoor world just like anybody else. That's where special needs strollers step in to deliver the solution and provide the best possible way for children to participate in daily activities free of the many limitations that come along with heavy wheelchairs.
Stable and comfortable, the strollers for disabled adults we offer provide excellent maneuverability and stabilization. They are available in many sizes and body weight support - suitable for both children and young adults.
Why choose a stroller instead of a wheelchair?
Special needs strollers offer several big advantages compared to standard special needs wheelchairs. Here are the main advantages of opting for a stroller (e.g. special tomato stroller) or buggy instead of a wheelchair:
- Special tomato strollers promote better opportunities for participation with peers;
- They conserve the children's strength especially when severe mobility issues are present and movement;
- They alleviate the effort of caregivers and minimize the risk of injuries caused by constantly having to lift their children;
- They are a great alternative to wheelchairs that cannot easily fit into a car.
Virtually all types of strollers for disabled children at one place
As a specialized store for medical equipment and accessibility strollers for people with special needs, we offer virtually every type of special needs stroller, buggy or push chair. When you are lookibng for the best disability solution for your special little darling, SPECIALNEEDSEQIPMENT has you covered!