Strollers for special needs children, also called adaptive strollers, buggies or push chairs, are specially designed mobility devices for children with disabilities. Special needs strollers allow children with special needs to explore the world around them while simultaneously enjoying support, safety and comfort.
Rehabilitation strollers for children with mobility issues are one of the primary means of transportation and proper backrest positioning while seated. The strollers for special needs children we provide come with adjustable seat depth and ergonomic design that promotes upper body positioning for children with limited trunk stability or upper body strength.
What are strollers for special needs children used for?
Special needs strollers are most often used for transporting toddlers, children and young adults with the following conditions:
- Cerebral palsy – various types and forms;
- Brain and spinal cord injuries with lower limbs paralysis and weakness, balance and motor coordination disorders with different etiology;
- Demyelinating disease (e.g. multiple sclerosis);
- Muscles diseases with weakness and paralysis (dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, myositis);
- Neurological diseases and muscle degeneration;
- Other condition connected with muscles weakness, paralysis and musculoskeletal disorders;
- After head and spinal cord injuries and spine trauma with paralysis and paresis.
- Severe genetic disorders;
Strollers for special needs with Stability, Support and Comfort in mind
Unfortunately, many special needs wheelchairs come with a variety of logistical limitations making it hard--and sometimes completely impossible--for children, toddlers, and young adults to take active active part in outdoors activities.
Children with special needs should be able to explore the outdoor world just like anybody else. That's where special needs strollers step in to deliver the solution and provide the best possible way for children to participate in daily activities free of the many limitations that come along with heavy wheelchairs.
Stable and comfortable, the strollers for disabled adults we offer provide excellent maneuverability and stabilization. They are available in many sizes and body weight support - suitable for both children and young adults.
Why choose a special needs stroller instead of a wheelchair?
Strollers for special needs chieldren and yond adults offer several big advantages compared to standard special needs wheelchairs. Here are the main advantages of opting for a stroller (e.g. special tomato stroller) or buggy instead of a wheelchair:
- Special tomato strollers promote better opportunities for participation with peers;
- They conserve the children's strength especially when severe mobility issues are present and movement;
- They alleviate the effort of caregivers and minimize the risk of injuries caused by constantly having to lift their children;
- They are a great alternative to wheelchairs that cannot easily fit into a car.
Virtually all types of special needs strollers for children with disabilites at one place
As a specialized store for medical equipment and accessibility strollers for people with special needs, we offer virtually every type of special needs stroller, buggy or push chair. When you are lookibng for the best disability solution for your special little darling, SPECIALNEEDSEQIPMENT has you covered!
Worlwide shipping - Europe, Americas, Asia, Africa and Australia
We are a global special needs supplier that ships stroller for special needs children even to the most remote locations on the globe. We also specialize in supply for Europe, shipping to countries like:
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden
Shop our selection of positioning aids for special needs kids and young adults with disabilities. From positioning chairs and cushions to special needs seats and headrest for your comfort. On this page you can browse adaptive equipment including upper and lower limb support solutions as well as stabilization cushions suitable for any seating position and need for standard and non-standard wheelchair users and more. The benefits of active seating provides the much needed opportunity for the user to freely move and thus develop both their flexibility and general movement capabilities. This is why adaptive seating so important for independent living of people with disabilities requiring proper positioning support. For special children children this applies particularly in aiding their interaction with the environment around them, which is what adaptive seat and positioning solutions provide. The positioning and mobility aids we deliver ensure absolute safety and correct support for the particular need of your special needs child or young adults. Our positioning solutions ensure proper positioning for transportation, exercise and eating.
Our positioning aids are suitable for:
- cerebral palsy;
- everyday activities;
- home school aids;
- adaptive equipment;
- children and adults using seating systems;
- special needs children using medical equipment designed for positioning.