The Arm Abduction Orthosis CLEVER with abduction angle regulation is an efficient immobilizer for treatment of an arm fracture, a dislocated shoulder or rotator cuff surgery in post-operative and post-traumatic conditions. The Arm abduction brace AM-AO-KG called CLEVER shall be prescribed by the doctor or professional orthopaedic specialist. According to the newest medical investigations recommends the application of positioning of shoulder in lateral rotation in the cases of treatment of shoulder dislocations.
Construction: The Orthosis is made of Air Distance II contains 50% of polyurethane foam and 30% of cotton, as well as 20% of polyamide fabric. Use of cotton padding avoids friction of the skin. Application of Polyamide components makes the orthosis durable.
ActiveDistance is an technical off-loading lamination with 3-layered construction. It’s made of EVA foam double-sided laminated with polyamide layer that is easy to attach. This self-gripping function of ActiveDistance provides wide range of adjustment and perfect fitting. Waterproof material.
Single size, fits both sides.
- the support maintaines the limb in abducent position, special design of the allumninum splint enables fluent adjustment of the movement range in the humeral joint (from 20 internal rotation to 15 of outside rotation)
- ARC; from 15 internal rotation to 70 of outside rotation – ARC-XR
- special foam handle enables exercisse of forearm and hand muscles as well as guarantees placement of the wrist in the medium position)
- the suspension tape of the support is equipped with soft padding in the neck area which assures beter comfort of use and no pressure on the artery.
- the support can be used for left and right upper limb
- wide range of adjustment of the VELCRO tapes as well as the elasticity of the abducent splint make the support universal: one size for all
- abducent brace fulfils all the terapeutic functions leaving the area of the hummeral joint free to enble easy change of dressing or physiotherapeutic treatment without taking off the whole stabilizing construction.
Purpose of use:
- The upper limb abducent brace, type AM-AO-KG, can be used in case of
- all injuries or disorders in the area of the shoulder, requireing support or immobilisation of the upper limb
- after the surgery
- as means of immobilisation after the artroscopy or open surgery of the hummeral joint
- to stabilize and place the hummeral joint in the required position.
- The Orthosis is recommended to support and partially immobilization of the Upper Limb in case of Plegia or Paralysis.
- Post-operative and Post-Traumatic treatment of the shoulder required positioning of the shoulder and arm in abduction angle
- Rotator Cuff Plastic Surgery
- Anterior Luxation
- Fracture of the head of humerus
- Bankart injury of shoulder dislocation
- Post arthroscopy of shoulder
- Shoulder prosthesis
- Frozen Shoulder- Adhesive Capsulitis
ATTENTION: the abducent brace of the upper limb AM-AO-KG is not designed to be used again by another patient
- In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) use of the brace should be limited
- In case of skin changes in place where the brace touches the skin it is necessary to contact your doctor.
- Use of the brace without following this instruction may result in severe complications
- Patients using the brace without doctor’s or therapist recommendation, use the brace on their own risk
Information for patients:
- Use strictly according to doctor’s advice
- For the first time the brace should be put on by the doctor or qualified medical staff
- Only properly fitted and used brace fulfils its function – incorrect use may cause skin abrasion, problems with walking, swelling, vein inflammation
- In early stage of use, in case of patients with paraesthesia it is necessary to frequently control the skin condition
- No kind of cream, poultice, ointments etc should be used before the application of the brace.
- Lack of personal hygiene or wrong maintenance of the product (insufficient washing and rinsing) may lead to skin abrasion, rushes, allergic reactions connected with excessive sweating and development of bacteria.