Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury
Knee ligament injuries are a major health worldwide problem. It’s often connected with ACL injury. It has been estimated that 80,000 to 100,000 anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries occur each year in the United States alone. Over the past several decades, specialists are interested in functional knee braces more and more.
Knee ligament injuries often occur by way of multiple knee-loading factors and may result from contact and/or noncontact interactions.
ACL is injured by the varus or valgus forces applied to the knee as an result of e.g. kicking the side of the knee like below.
However, the majority of injuries, especially those involving the ACL, are noncontact injuries that can occurs in sport training. Biomechanical risk factors associated with ACL injury based on knee rotation and posterior tibial translation.
One of our functional ACL knee braces is ATOM/2RA, providing dynamic control of tibial translation.
ATOM 2RA knee brace is designed to resist varus and valgus forces applied to the knee and prevent against the posterior tibial translation (drawer syndrome).
ATOM 2RA is the 4-points brace, made of high quality aluminium hot covered by powder dye. The brace is equipped with 2 anatomic hinges, which reflect physiological knee movement precisely and allow to range of motion adjustment in every 20 degree.
The 4 points system is a dynamic best solution for knee protection. Simply, it relieve posterior tibial translation.
4 Points system was created to reduce knee stress and protect it.
- the first point is on the front of the thigh (aluminium frame)
- the second point is on the back of the calf and ihas an impact on on the lower limb due to the frame
- the third point is the strap on the back of the thigh
- the fourth point is the strap on the front of the calf, which gives preload on the tibia by pushing it aback. This solution decreases the ACL tension.
The key word is ‘decrease’, what means ATOM 2RA does not reduced the tension but maintains the ligament in a little tension. It has positive influence on ligament in healing process and prevents its weakness.
Researchers have focused on ligaments with survey device supported by braces and they noticed significant decreasing of ligament’s tension (in standing and sitting position) in compare to unsupported leg. Effectiveness of this kind of support is undeniable. The 4 Points braces protect knee joints against the injury during sport and everyday activities. They minimalize the risk of additional soft tissue injuries before surgery. In postoperative period they provide protection of ligaments insertion for remodeling time (about 12-18 months). During rehabilitation the 4 Points braces allow for more “aggressive treatment” by mobilizing the ligament and other soft tissue to healing.
Researches claim that the 4 Points braces help to protect ACL against the stretching and both during the load and not, the 4 Points braces have decreased ACL tension. It is result of reaction against the forward forces. For example: in case of loading, the orthoses have decreased the ligament tension of 50%.
The most important advantages of using orthopaedic knee braces with 4P technology is that:
- They decrease ACL tension what is very important during ligament remodelling.
- They compress the time of being in submaximal extension or in “dangerous” position
- They increase the force on the tibia aback to prevent its shift (drawer syndrome)
- They eliminate extension shock in the last phase of knee extension in patients with raptured ACL (100% ACL rapture prevention!)
Undoubtedly, the above evidence prove ACL tension reduction properties of 4P ATOM 2RA during the rehabilitation and remodeling process. Thanks to using this brace a patient achieves reduction of ligament’s weakness as well. ATOM 2RA is the best protection of knee ligaments. It provides maximum safety and knee protection so it is created for athletes especially.
The construction of ATOM/2RA
- Extremely strong frame is made of light aluminium 6061 T6, which is used in aeronautics guarantees the best stabilization in the market. Additionally, the frame was hot covered by powder dye so that it would be resistant to moisture. Thanks to that solution, the frame is fully indifferent to water as well as sweat.
- Internal soft lining of the frame is made of comfort foam AirDistance II, covered cotton and terry layer what helps to avoid the skin allergy.
- The knee brace is equipped with 5 straps and special cushions that are additionally protection and minimize brace migration.
AirDistance II is an innovative technological fabric. It’s 3-layered lamination, made of 3 parts: durable and self-gripping and polyamide layer, off-loading EVA foam and polyamide 3D spacer material. External part is used to attach hard components. EVA foam off-loads these splints and internal 3D spacer layer provides high air permeability and minimal water and moisture absorption. It is also waterproof.
Purpose of use
- mild or severe ACL, PCL, MCL and LCL instability
- rehabilitation after ACL or PCL reconstruction
- mixed injuries ACL/PCL
- knee hyperextension
- ATOM/2RA brace is the strongest valgus and varus contraction
4 Points braces are the best protection for knee ligaments. First of all, they are dedicated for active athletes, where ACL injury is very common. They provide maximum security and knee protection.
Left/right side available.
BRACE BAG INCLUDED
Splints 2RA Precision are a double axis anatomic splints which reflect the knee movement and during performance do not change their position towards the joint axis. Splints 2RA are double axis polycentric splints, with coupling mechanism with two main conductive elements which move of parabolic tracks. Such splints are mainly used in all knee joint braces and, apart from angle adjustment, the high lateral knee stabilization is very important. The splints are manufactured with high quality of sanded aluminium, durable cover which what makes splints neutral to the influence of sweat and salt. Flexion and extension angle adjustment is possible with special allen screws. Every brace is equipped with special Allen key which is necessary for adjustment. Anatomic splints provides hyperextension block, 30°, 55°, 75°, 95°, 110° flexion and 15° or 75° extension. The angle adjustment clock is secured from manipulation by unauthorized people. Standard length of the splints is: 290 and 390 mm. The splint and its design are patented in European Union by Reh4Mat company.