Cart is empty.
NECK SUPPORT EB-KS
Weight: 0.400 Kgs
SEMI-RIGID ORTHOPAEDIC COLLAR
Orthopedic collar, Florida type, made of polyurethane plate and finished with polyurethane foam and double-layer ProFit material, which perfectly fits patient’s body. The collar stabilizes and releases pressure form the spine in the neck area, releases stress from neck muscles.
All sizes available in 3 heights: 8, 10, 12cm
Stabilizes and releases stress from the neck section of the spine and neck muscles. Recommendation and instruction regarding length of use depend on leading doctor's decision.
Purpose Of Use:
- After injury of the neck section of the spine (sprains and bruises)
- In rehabilitation after spinal fracture in prophylactic or surgery treatment
- In severe and chronic pain of the neck and shoulders due to the injury, overstress or degenerative changes
- In degenerative changes of the neck section of the spine combined with neurological symptoms (neck radiculopathy, paresis of upper limbs, balance disturbance, vertigo)
- In headaches and tympanophonia due to neck problems
- In torticollis due to different reasons
- Too tight application of the support may lead to increase of the problems, too loose application- luck of expected function
- Difficulty in breathing and discomfort, increase of existing problems- may limit or make impossible the use of the support (especially in case of overweight patients, with thyroid problems and increased neurotic symptoms) - after consulting with the leading doctor.
- It is necessary to control the correctness of the use of the support in case of children and patients with memory disorder or mental problems
- In case of skin changes in the place where the support touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, eczema) - use of the support is possible after a dressing is applies
Information For Patients:
- only properly selected and fitted support which is used according to the doctor's recommendation fulfills its function. Instruction of use is given by the leading doctor or qualified therapist.
- If the support is used as immobilizing dressing, all changes of its possitioning must be discussed with the leading doctor. It is not allowed to remove the support - allowed is only slight loossening up.
- In the early stage of the use, when the air temperature is high, in case of patients with paraesthesia- it is neccessary to frequently control the skin condition in the place where the support is applied.
- Long term use of the support may lead to muscle atrophy. Regular performance of recommended exercisse is advisable- the longer the support is used during the day the longer the exercisse should be. The exercisse is designed individually for the patient by the therapist or th eleading doctor
- In case of long term use of the support - the time of use should be reduced to the necessary minimum during the day.
- The skin in the place where the support is applied should be clean (no creams or dressings should be applied)
- Wrong maintenence of the product - infrequent washing or insufficient rinsing - may lead to skin problems connected with extensive sweating under the support.
- hand-wash in room temperature water with soap, RINSE WELL
- Do not iron
- Do not use chlorine