TORSO SUPPORT U-LK
UNIVERSAL SACRO-LUMBAR SUPPORT
Universal abdominal support is made of a structural material ACTIV PREN, characterized by softness and elasticity, assuring better fit to patient’s body. The structure of this material contains perforated neoprene foam covered by polyamide fabrics.
Single size, fits both sides.
- stabilization of the lumbar area of the spine, support for stomach muscles.
- After injury or overstress (excessive training or hard physical work) of stomach and back muscles
- Chronic pain of lumbar area of the spine
- Prevention in intensive sport training (especially at the beginning of training) or for people with weak stomach muscles performing hard physical work
- Characteristics: warming up of the lumbar area of the spine, support for stomach muscles.
- After injury or overstress of stomach and back muscles (excessive training or hard physical work)
- In severe and chronic pain of lumbar area of the spine caused by injury or overstress (excessive training or hard physical work) or degenerative changes
- Prevention in intensive sport training (especially at the beginning of training) or for people with weak stomach muscles performing hard physical work.
- breathing difficulty, uncomfortable feeling, sour or bitter eructation, burning in the gullet, heartburn, pain on the left side of the ribs, those symptoms may limit the use of the support or make the use impossible (after consultation with the doctor)
- in case of patients with urinary incontinence and in case of severe infection of urinary system use of the support may cause intensification of symptoms
- In case of patients with liver and cholecyst problems use of the support may be badly tolerated
- In case the support is used by children, patients with memory failure or abalienated patients the correctness of use of the support must be regularly controlled
- In case of skin changes in places where the support touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) the support can be used only after a dressing is applied.
Information for patients:
- Only properly selected, fitted and used support fulfils its function – incorrect use may cause increase of problems with the joint, skin abrasion, problems with walking, swelling, vein inflammation - instruction regarding use of the support is given by the leading doctor of therapist.
- The support should be applied on top of a cotton t-shirt to prevent skin abrasions, burns. In case of patients with paraesthesia, in early stage of use, when the room temperature is high it is necessary to frequently control patient’s skin condition in the place where the support is applied.
- Long term use of the support may lead to decline of muscles – the longer the support is used during the day the more advisable is to do regular exercise to strengthen the muscles. Exercise is individually selected for the patient by the physiotherapist or the leading doctor. Strengthening of the muscles may lead to less frequent need to use the support;
- In case of long term use of the support – it is advisable to reduce the time of the use during the day to minimum;
- The support should be removed during meals, directly after the meal or consumption of bigger amount of liquid;
- Skin must be clean - no kind of cream, poultice, ointments etc should be used before the application of the support;
- Wrong maintenance of the product, insufficient washing and rinsing may lead to skin abrasion, rushes, allergic reactions connected with excessive sweating under the support.
- Hand wash in 30° warm water with soap;
- RINSE THORUOGHLY;
- Do not iron;
- Do not use chlorine;
- Dry far from the source of heat.